Changes made to the code after the release of the 3rd
- Subroutine print_message has been
eliminated (it did not work properly in some cases).
- Diagnostics has been added to
the subroutine comp_air.
- Additional diagnostics has
been introduced in the program f0.for
explaining how to generate the starting-point solution for the spot
mode on a cathode with an insulated lateral surface.
- An option of refining the
numerical grid has been added.
- New references and a number of
additional clarifications have been added to the tutorial.
- Output produced by the program
f1.for has been
- Hafnium has been added to the
database of cathode materials.
- An option of specifying emissive
properties of the cathode surface (the work function and the
pre-exponential factor in the Richardson-Dushman formula) has been added.
This option is particularly useful while working with doped materials
(e.g., thoriated tungsten).
April 10, 2020
- A limitation on the temperature of the base of the cathode in the program f0.for was removed. (In previous versions, this temperature could not exceed 500 K.)
- Additional diagnostics has been introduced in the programs
f1.for and f1.for.
May 31, 2020
- A minor improvement was made in simulation of multispecies (air, metal halide etc) plasmas.